Dec 18, 2008

Final sem

Final semester is coming, and I am having mixed feelings about it. I guess this will be a great semester, because I have finally decided to stop my paper chase of excellence, and pursuit a life of interest outside academics. To say that my life has been plain sailing for the past semester is a false statement. Yet, definitely, I am more wealthy than 70% of the world population. That, is already enough to make me feel very fortunate.

Furthering my leisure reads, the idea of sampling makes me wonder, what kind of life to I live. I thank Yi Hua for giving me this book, because you did not give me just a book, you gave me knowledge. The book suggest that a wife that is constantly suffering from unhappiness due to her wealthier neighbors to move to a blur-collar neighborhood.

Many a times I wonder, why am I fight so hard? I takes a while, but I finally admit that I'm not academic material, and that my life is better elsewhere. Where? Crap.. I only figured out the 1st part. Hope it doesn't take another 18years for me to figure out the 2nd part... Hope not.

No comments: