Nov 2, 2008

Review of profs for this sem..

Hmm.... the semester is ending!!! Sad indeed... for after this semester, I am onto my last semester! Suddenly feel like reviewing this semester's professors. I realised I have 6 profs to cover if I cover them all. As such, I will restrict to just my econs profs.... No names attached, only initials, but the well informed econs major should know who I'm talking about.

LMT: Skinny MIT engineer lookalike, a.k.a. the Scholastic Regressor. He loves his regressions, Many a times, me and MJ caught him smiling so happily when he talks about regressions and their implications and results. Amazing that someone can take so much pride and joy in their work, and amazingly, on works like econometrics. As much as I respect him, he needs to improve on his grading systems. He gives too many 5 mark projects, too many ungraded tutorials and 1 presentation, and not to say his chip giving saga. He definitely can't work when IR is open, because he gives chips as though they are free! Con: Utter respect for his knowledge, utter disgust at poor grading system.

Ur Highness: Whiz kid, a.k.a Silent killer. He is smart, damn damn smart. He looks nice, not that tall, so he looks friendly, but I have heard how difficult his final were. I expect them to be as difficult this semester, if not even more. Respect him for his knowledge and patience! Love the module he teaches also, but can't say it here...

Creamer: Nice prof, a.k.a "I use maths freely in this module..." Ya.. She said that in the first lecture of the module, and adviced us to drop the module if we are afraid of maths. I think she even hinted that we should drop Economics as a major if maths were not a skill we know. She is great, she has a nice sense of humour, and although I do fall asleep during her lectures, it was never because she was boring, but more of because I slept late the previous night. Would consider her as my ISM prof if I din hear that she is impossible to get unless I am 1st or 2nd upper...

Can't: ...... I can't think of any 1 suitable nick for him. Mr. Interesting comment? Haha.. he is a very very good prof. A prof that is unable to take the most difficult module I have ever taken, and make it less difficult. Still, he is too smart, the smartest genius I have seen in person that is, at least that is what I feel. Unforunate for my uni that I feel there is no one that is at his level. Maybe that's why we are only a lowly 30, while he comes from a place ranked in the top 10 (or 5, cant really remember everything, and such rankings always change)

Written too much, still got LMT's presentation due tomorrow, with no idea who is going to present. Lets all see how....

No comments: